Security Intern - Matrix
Recent statistics have shown in 2020 alone the crytosphere suffered more than 20 major hacks, totaling approximately $200 million in losses. From premeditated exploits to accidental losses, security in blockchain is undoubtedly under serious attack and desperately in need of an infrastructure to establish a safer ecology and regain the public's confidence in blockchain needed for broader adoption. It's with this very mission that the CertiK Chain project was created.
The CertiK Chain is an interoperable, security-oriented public blockchain built on top of the Cosmos SDK. Leveraging CertiK's proprietary Formal Verification engine, on-chain smart contracts in the CertiK Chain contain cryptographic certificates as well as machine-checkable proofs for extra security assurances. On the base layer is the CertiK Virtual Machine (CVM), of which a verified compiler is designed to ensure no bugs will be introduced during the transformation of source code into the CVM bytecode. Collectively with CertiKShield, Security Oracle and a plethora of other products offered at CertiK, the CertiK Chain puts security at its forefront and strives to help secure the blockchain industry today for a better tomorrow. To learn more about CertiK's technology stack, check here.
CertiK Chain - Provable trust for all
About usCertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class AI technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness. An ideal candidate should be:Passionate about cybersecurity and/or solving puzzles, particularly in blockchain. You are intrigued by the blockchain world and always want to know more about it, or to keep up with the latest development. The idea of studying new web3 attacks and trends excites you. You are interested in developing algorithms, tools, and monitors to help identify and stop attacks.Intelligent and good with technology and networks. You can go all the way down to the byte code to understand how an attack works. You are not afraid of juggling a large codebase or byte code to unravel the mystery behind anonymous malicious actors. Ideally, you have some exposure to machine learning and understand the importance of data collection and annotation. Tenacious. You can go through a long list of attacks and persist to the end until they are all done. If there is something you don’t know, you learn it to understand the attack. You never left a project halfway done. About the roleThis paid internship will be with the security team in the innovations sector of CertiK - the Matrix team. The Matrix security team’s goal is to enhance, perfect, and accelerate innovation at CertiK by providing algorithms, direction, and insight into CertiK’s research endeavors.This role will research the latest hacker security, and general trends in web3 to inform the team of how to best tailor their innovations towards the future of web3 security. In addition, the role may involve assisting senior teammates with mission-critical tasks such as security investigations and algorithm design/improvements.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with the latest trends in the blockchain ecosystem
- Dive into web3 attacks and understand them inside out
- Provide good documentation and clear presentations to educate senior members of the Matrix innovations team.
- Assist senior security team members with tasks such as code writing/review, algorithm development/review, security research, product design, and report generation.
- Strong interest in cybersecurity, OSINT
- Strong interest and basic familiarity in web3
- Red team mindset
- Familiarity/interest in blockchain architecture
- Familiarity/interest in blockchain services
- Scripting in Bash, Python, or another language
- Ability to navigate and read and spot errors in SQL, Python, Solidity. Or ability to quickly pick it up.
- Excellent technical communication, the ability to explain complex technical concepts clearly
- Committed and show perseverance, won't leave a project halfway done.
- Degree in CS or related field
- Strong skills in working with a complex system, large open-source codebase, and bytecode
- Good with Rust and the Solana ecosystem
- Experience in developing in the blockchain ecosystem
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning
- Familiarity with blockchain incidents, defi, gameFi, NFTs
- Can explain in detail how bridges and marketplaces work.
- Knows Hardhat, Brownie