Senior Software Engineer (Core Engineering)
Our unique platform-as-as-service enables game developers to easily create and operate marketplaces where players can then buy, sell and trade “in-game assets” (e.g., skins, weapons and tools) with each other. By leveraging the Ethereum Blockchain, for the first time ever, players have true ownership and control over their in-game assets.
We are backed by top-tier investors including Naspers Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Apex Capital and Coinbase. With US$15m raised in venture funding, and over US$6m in revenue from our genesis sale we are very well positioned to leverage our first-mover advantage globally and make ownership of in-game assets go mainstream.
Our first title, Gods Unchained, is already the number one blockchain game in terms of players, revenue and secondary asset trading. In fact, Gods Unchained has issued more in-game assets than all other blockchain games, put together.. More games are set to join the platform in 2020.
That's where you come in...
A bit about us:Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.Our Immutable Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games. We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!Our ambition is to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs. A bit about the role:As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in our high-performing and passionate core engineering team, focused on scaling our code patterns whilst creating reliable and reusable tools that improve the internal developer experience. You will have a unique opportunity to shape the tools, patterns and internal parts of our platform for usage by all engineers at the company. The role is broadly scoped to have a cross-team impact on all our work.Immutable aims to help businesses scale their creation and trading of unique digital assets. As Immutable helps businesses scale, we’re looking to scale, too! We are searching for passionate software engineers who want to work on genuinely complex problems in the most exciting space in the world right now. You don’t need any blockchain experience, just solid engineering principles, good communication skills and a passion for learning about the future of digital asset ownership.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure working in a Web3 development environment, including regular workshops and learning opportunities for blockchain development.
- Develop and release code for our internal teams to better achieve their mission (e.g., improve their velocity)
- Understand emerging technologies that may benefit our team and others
- Work as a deep technical expert on the services we have ownership over (e.g., cleanup tech debt, maintenance, new architecture patterns)
- Mentor (where possible) other team members based on your experience.
- Work across a range of bleeding-edge technologies: Go, Typescript, AWS, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Microservices, Event Oriented Systems, Terraform, exposure to Blockchain Development - Solidity
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Participate in team planning and product design sessions
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Work in an experimental environment, learning from stakeholder feedback and iterating on products.
- Work closely with your team members to ensure operational excellence for the services your team owns
- Continually work with your team to iterate on ways of working.
We would love you to have:
- 5-8 + years of deep engineering experience with extensive exposure to a product development environment
- Full stack code development capabilities and considerable experience with Golang.
- Experience with a cloud provider and key technologies (e.g., AWS, Lambda, Kubernetes, containers), Postgres (or similar data storage layer), Tooling (Github)
- The ability to work comfortably across a range of technologies
- The ability to teach best practices to junior team members
- A passion for delivering fantastic products to our users
- Effective communication skills, with empathy, allowing you to communicate across a range of stakeholders
- Start-up and scale-up experience would be advantageous
- An interest or keenness to upskill in the Web3 space
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Trading Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Golang Web3 Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, Junior Level Web3 Jobs, Typescript Web3 Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Solidity Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Crypto Jobs, Full Stack Crypto Jobs, Kubernetes Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.