Sr. Product Designer
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We are looking for an experienced and highly collaborative Senior Product Designer to join the Product & Design team. This designer will to help us shape innovative products and tools across platforms to create the very best marketplace experience for our users. In this role, you’ll be working together with your counterparts in Product, Design and Engineering to define the strategy and vision that guide the team in building great products and addressing real user needs. If you’re excited about the opportunity to build and shape the future of marketplaces and empowering creators and collectors, OpenSea is the place for you!
What You'll Do
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with Product Managers and Engineers
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of OpenSea products
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Design and prototype multiple concepts from near-term solutions to long-term aspirations, and build consensus towards a path forward
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable in a way that scales
- Rethink the structure of the marketplace to improve and refine the navigation and discovery experience for the user
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help improve on the whole experience If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs
- Advocate and implement high-quality, well-crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading both large and small projects
Nice to Have
- Have experience and/or are passionate in ecommerce and/or the blockchain