Sr. User Researcher
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.Working closely with product and design, we’re looking for a User Researcher to plan, conduct, analyze, and communicate user insights. In this role, you will serve as a strategic research partner to help influence product decisions in our nascent space of DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web3. If you’re excited about the opportunity to build and shape the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What You'll Do
- Scope, plan, conduct, analyze, and communicate insights from mixed-methods research, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, concept testing, surveys, field research, jobs to be done and other methods, as needed
- Transform stakeholder questions into actionable research plans
- Evangelize your insights across teams and influence product and strategy decisions
- Collaborate daily with peers across disciplines, including product, design, engineering, and other teams If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of user research experience, preferably with experiences where you have been the lead user research
- Demonstrated history of conducting research within a product team and shipping products that have been influenced by your insights
- Ability to drive and own the user research process using various research methods end-to-end
- Experience collaborating and partnering strategically with Product, Design, and other partners to influence product decisions
Nice to Have
- Personal or professional experience in crypto, NFTs, DeFi, and/or Web3