Trading & Commercial Counsel
Anchorage Digital makes it simple and secure for institutions to build products and gain exposure to digital assets as the first federally chartered digital asset bank. With secure custody at its core, Anchorage is the premier partner for institutions and corporations. Anchorage offers financial solutions for today and tomorrow. Learn more at anchorage.com.
Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible through Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021.
Anchorage Digital raised $350 million in a December 2021 Series D funding round that valued Anchorage at over $3 billion. Led by global investment firm KKR, other participants included Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, Apollo credit funds, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Blockchain Capital, GIC, Lux Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thoma Bravo and Wellington Management. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.In the fast-paced world of crypto, we must memorialize our relationships in ways that stand the test of time. We need a sharp legal drafter and negotiator to assist with the documentation of our brokerage and trading-related services - all missions critical to our operations. In addition, we need someone with the intellect and curiosity to help us build new business lines.
As Trading & Commercial Counsel you will:
- Own contract drafting and negotiations for brokerage and other trading relationships and third party risk management from a legal perspective.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range brokerage/trading contracts, including master services agreements, liquidity provider agreements, NDAs, vendor agreements, strategic relationship agreements, and more - our business and products are always evolving!
- Build a close relationship with the sales, product, engineering, operations, compliance, and other teams to collaborate closely in developing new products, improving existing businesses, identify and resolve legal issues, structure complex agreements, and improve efficiency.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have a J.D. degree and 3+ years of experience.
- You have a background in drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, including experience with brokerage or other trading-related agreements, and are comfortable facing highly-sophisticated institutional clients and counterparties.
- You have demonstrated experience working closely with the business and other cross functional teams to build new products, solve complex issues, and strategize growth.
- You have enthusiasm for crypto and a foundational understanding of the crypto industry and applicable laws/regulations both in the US and internationally.
- You demonstrate close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- You have the ability to execute with moderate supervision and balance commercial and legal realities.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with ISDAs (highly preferred!)
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Sales Web3 Jobs, Legal Crypto Jobs, Operations Web3 Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.