Head of Protocol Engineering
The Subspace Network is a layer zero protocol that is fully interoperable with any layer one, allowing it to serve as an infrastructure layer for the entire Web3 ecosystem.
Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup dedicated to revolutionizing the blockchain landscape. Our mission is to build the Subspace Network, a next-generation blockchain designed for radical decentralization and scalability. Leveraging Rust and Substrate technology, we're pioneering a novel proof-of-storage consensus algorithm and decoupled execution framework. We're seeking a Head of Protocol Engineering to join our leadership team and ensure the successful realization of our groundbreaking blockchain solution. In this role, you will be responsible for translating abstract cryptographic protocols into actionable engineering plans. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and will contribute directly to the success of our project. With a globally distributed team and a commitment to open-source development, we're redefining the possibilities of blockchain innovation. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and will be launching as a sovereign layer-one blockchain early next year. To learn more, visit our website and read the technical whitepaper.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with the CEO & CTO to translate abstract protocols into technical specifications, engineering roadmaps, and implementation plans.
- Work with development teams to transform estimates into realistic timelines, ensuring transparent communication and visibility across the organization.
- Track project velocity toward key milestones, utilizing tools like Github projects, Lucidchart, and Notion to keep the wider team and community informed.
- Lead and empower our protocol engineering team of 10+ engineers, removing obstacles and fostering a productive, collaborative work environment.
- Oversee the network deployment processes, while maintaining high standards for documentation, code quality, and testing.
- Contribute to the transition from a company-led roadmap to a community-led approach as we migrate the engineering team to the Subspace Foundation.
- A genuine passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems, and a deep understanding of Web3 technologies.
- A strong foundation in software engineering or computer science, demonstrated through academic achievements or professional experience.
- Proven experience in leading engineering teams in the blockchain, cryptocurrency, or Web3 domains.
- Experience leading open-source and community-driven software projects, with the ability to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Successful track record of managing remote-first, globally distributed engineering teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of leading blockchain scalability frameworks such as ETH2/Rollups, Near, Solana, Polkadot, and Dfinity.
- Strong background in cryptography, distributed systems, and peer-to-peer networks.
- Familiarity with the architecture of major blockchain clients and frameworks, including Bitcoin Core, Geth/Solidity, and Substrate.
- Experience in smart contract development, full-stack decentralized application creation, or blockchain infrastructure and development tooling.
- Proficiency in a systems programming language such as Rust, C/C++, or Go.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Community Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Rust Crypto Jobs, Solana Crypto Jobs, Polkadot Web3 Jobs, Substrate Web3 Jobs, Solidity Crypto Jobs, Startup Web3 Jobs, Cto Web3 Jobs, Smart Contract Crypto Jobs, Contract Crypto Jobs, Cryptography Crypto Jobs, Full Stack Crypto Jobs, Open Source Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let Subspace Labs know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!