Director of Platform Business Development - Polygon Studios
Polygon is a popular Layer-2 solution on the Ethereum blockchain. It functions as a side-chain, letting Dapps on Ethereum operate with low fees and almost instant settlements.
Polygon is highly scalable and already supports upcoming Ethereum features such as Scaling and Interoperability. As one of the most popular Layer-2 solutions for Ethereum, there are many Polygon Jobs that are always available.
Using Polygon, one can create Optimistic Rollup chains, ZK Rollup chains, stand-alone chains or any other infrastructure required by the developer. Polygon effectively transforms Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain system (Internet of Blockchains). This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc., with the advantages of Ethereum’s security, vibrant ecosystem and openness. With Polygon, new features are being built around the proven technology to expand the ability to cater to diverse needs from the developer ecosystem.
Check out some of the Polygon Careers below:
What is Polygon?Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.Polygon Studios Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3. The RoleThis role is designed to be the business development and partnership lead for third parties building applications, services, and tools for use by Polygon’s ecosystem of developers as they create decentralized experiences for users. This could be data APIs, messaging, open marketplaces, payment service providers, publishing SDKs, rights management, whitelabel minting, whitelabel ticketing, and much more. This critical function will bridge all user-facing developer verticals such as art, defi, fashion, gaming, metaverse, music, social, sports, and entertainment. The ideal candidate has at least 12 years of strategy and negotiation experience working with third parties in a business development and partnership capacity at entertainment, gaming, or social platforms.Expectations:Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a senior level role reporting to the VP & Global Head of Entertainment+ Business Development that has support from junior staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Quarterly and annual goal setting
- Managing and prioritizing a pipeline
- Negotiating terms
- Executing partnerships
- Aligning cross-functional internal resources to support the integration and onboarding of new partners to the Polygon Studios Ecosystem There will be collaboration with Polygon Studios developer relations, partner success, marketing, and other business development teams, as well as parent company Polygon Technology’s product groups. You will work closely with members of your Platform BD team and the extended Polygon Studios Entertainment+ BD team to strategize and prioritize potential partnerships, deploy resources, and grow third-party adoption as identified by team and broader Polygon initiatives.
What you need to succeed
- Understand industry best practices and trends within technology and advise how application, service, and tool developers can join the web3 Polygon ecosystem and interact with other developers in that ecosystem to provide them with expertise and value
- Build industry connections to be able to win new projects
- Grow relationships with existing leaders in platform solutions and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for Web3 onboarding, integrations with popular engines, turnkey service providers etc
- An ability to build strong relationships to maintain healthy, long term partnerships as well as to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon
- The ability to conduct advanced negotiations with decision makers in large organizations and with founders
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation
- Existing relationships with third-party platforms and whitelabel providers strongly desired
- Knowledge about NFTs and Web3 is a plus #LI-Remote
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Marketing Crypto Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Business Development Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Polygon Crypto Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Director Web3 Jobs, Discord Crypto Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, Junior Level Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, NFT Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Devrel Crypto Jobs, Move Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let Polygon know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!