Engineering Manager - Functions
Chainlink Labs is the leading provider of secure and reliable Web3 services that have enabled trillions of dollars in transaction value across DeFi, insurance, gaming, NFTs, and other major industries. Chainlink Web3 services enhance smart contracts by connecting them to real-world data sources and off-chain computation across any blockchain and provide global enterprises with a universal gateway to all blockchains. Chainlink Labs is dedicated to the development and integration of Chainlink as the industry-standard Web3 services platform connecting the world to blockchains.
At Chainlink Labs, we empower the broader Chainlink community and build world-class Web3 solutions with global enterprises such as AWS, Google, T-Systems, and leading development teams at the forefront of the smart contract ecosystem, including Aave, Compound, Synthetix, GMX, and many more. Through a fusion of cutting-edge academic research and an industry focus on user needs, our mission is to enable the next generation of smart contracts and build a world powered by truth.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location. About Us Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.• Chainlink has helped enable $8T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.Who we’re looking for: • You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions. • You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results. • You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies. • You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term. • You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth. At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance. About the RoleWe are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Chainlink Functions product. This manager needs to have excellent technical intuition, decisions making abilities, and product collaboration skills to enable rapid and developer centric improvements to the Chainlink Functions product.You are the technical leader on all Chainlink Functions decisions and are supported by a strong team of engineers who have built Chainlink Functions from zero to our initial Beta launch. This candidate will be responsible for scaling the Chainlink Functions product to tens of thousands of Web3 developers and will be instrumental in delivery of an important and powerful product.
- Lead a team of experienced engineers in building the general compute platform for blockchains.
- Collaborate with product to define and plan feature roadmaps and execution.
- Define product direction to take Chainlink Functions from Beta to an open product
- Maintain high standards on the team and guide engineers on their professional growth
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process to ensure we're bringing on high-quality engineers who fit our culture and requirements.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership or managerial role.
- Experience managing the engineering and delivery of a product end to end. Customer empathy and a strong ability to balance product direction with engineering best practices.
- Experience or knowledge of blockchain technology, Web3 protocols, and the challenges related to developing large, distributed systems.
- An excellent communicator that is able to collaborate closely with internal and external partners on a broad range of technical and business topics
- Servant leadership and a natural ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to work on a globally-distributed team with a high degree of ownership
- Experience coordinating technical stakeholders and making product decisions.
- Technical and/or product management experience on a blockchain project
- Experience or interest in the blockchain or crypto space
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Manager Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Move Web3 Jobs, Engineering Manager Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.