Senior Blockchain Engineer
Locations supported: UK, EU
About the Engineering Team:
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organize in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager and Product Data Analyst. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / KYC / Core Product and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialize.
Squads We Are Currently Hiring For:
WEB3: The web3 team is building products and features to onboard the next billion users to web3.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
- Take ownership of MoonPay’s native crypto stack. This is a new area for us and you’ll be owning the architecture and implementation from day one.
- Build lightweight hot wallets to handle Ethereum key generation and outbound transfers to our customers.
- Work with Ethereum layer 2 scaling solutions like Polygon (Matic) and zkSync to offer layer 2 ETH assets to our customers.
- Work on other innovative blockchains where few have ventured such as Flow.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience building production-grade cryptocurrency wallets.
- Either had experience with Solidity, Ethereum, and Bitcoin, or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- A deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals, theories, principles and best practices.
- Extensive backend engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- Confidence in developing, releasing and maintaining server applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline. Including design, documentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Lead initiatives from an engineering perspective, partnering closely with product managers.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Remote take-home task (role dependent)
- Virtual onsite stage (2-3 30 minute interviews)
- Final interview (30 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Stock options 📈Unlimited holidays 🏝Paid parental leave 👶 🍼Home office setup allowance 🪑
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Product Manager Crypto Jobs, Analyst Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Polygon Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Compliance Web3 Jobs, Kyc Crypto Jobs, React Web3 Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, Typescript Crypto Jobs, Recruiter Crypto Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Frontend Web3 Jobs, Manager Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Solidity Crypto Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs, Ethereum Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Please let MoonPay know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!