Haja Networks builds foundational distributed and decentralized technologies for the future Internet.
With open-source, transparency and diversity as our core values, we’re currently focused on:
- Providing building blocks and tools to re-decentralize the web
- Developing foundational decentralized database protocols for the future Internet
- Building OrbitDB, a serverless, distributed, peer-to-peer database, and its community
Everything we build is open source and made available on GitHub, and we work as part of a larger open-source community building the decentralized web.
We’re a small and focused distributed team working around the globe. We don’t have an office and our team members are currently located in Oulu, Berlin, Barcelona, Dubai and Vermont. Communication is an important factor in distributed work and we stay in sync using GitHub, IRC, Slack, email and Zoom.
Haja Networks was founded in early 2018 in Finland and is funded by top investors in the decentralization space.
We are looking for a skilled Distributed Systems Engineer to work on our database protocols and reference implementations.
- Develop and design reference implementations for the protocols
- Design and develop a test network and tools for the protocols
- Participate in formal specification of the protocols
- Build a welcoming open source community by participating in discussions and helping others
- 3+ years of engineering experience developing and operating distributed systems
- Deep understanding of modern distributed systems
Nice to have
- Engineering experience with distributed databases, systems and networks
- Experience implementing consensus algorithms
- Experience and understanding of smart contracts, crypto-currencies, and blockchains
- Experience with IPFS and OrbitDB or other peer-to-peer technologies
- Experience in, or a desire to learn functional programming
- Experience in open source software development