Growth Support Engineer
at Wyre, Inc
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure. Our mission is to help crypto projects interact with the fiat world. Wyre’s API provides on-ramps and off-ramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
We’re a group of good and honest people with good intentions to build something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry.
Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
We are self-driven. We are passionate. We are team players. We are family. We are Wyre.
Employment Type: Contractor 3 months to W2 employee
Wyre is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks, exchanges, and decentralized partners. Using Wyre’s API, customers are able to instantly convert fiat to crypto globally in over 50 countries, in 8 different fiat currencies, and 3 cryptocurrencies. We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We’re growing our dev team and looking for a solid Support Engineer to help evolve our architecture while improving overall quality of service. Our ideal person is someone who can provide first-rate first level technical support for our customers. If you’re a great engineer who can explain technical issues in layman’s terms and are meticulous in your documentation, we’d love to meet you. The ideal addition to our team has the drive to blast right through expectations. Bonus points if you are passionate about blockchain technologies. This position will include working with internal and external partners, the Wyre engineering team, and our external integrating customers to define and implement improvements to the company’s core products. We're built on Java, RxJava, VoltDB (soon to be DynamoDB), AWS, ExpressJS, AngularJS.
We’re excited to have you join us on this adventure.
This role reports to the Growth Manager.
- Provide first level technical support for our API customers
- Take ownership of our API documentation
- Provide technical product support to internal teams
- Work with customers, as well as the customer support, product management, and engineering teams
- Pivot on product direction as needed
- Professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback through customer empathy
- Communicate with the ability to explain technical issues in non-engineering language
- Use analytics tools, read and interpret logs and metrics to solve technical issues
- Write and maintain API technical documentation and guides
- 2-5 years of experience
- Experience working with APIs and API-based SaaS integrations
- A good understanding of how web applications and mobile apps are built and work
- Ability to take complex topics and make them simple and digestible
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones and with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Entrepreneurial and team player attitude
- Startup experience preferred
- Interest/experience in blockchain technologies is strongly preferred
Perks & Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Work From Home
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup