By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
This role provides an opportunity to lead the entire software development organization for one of the most successful digital currency/asset exchanges globally. You’ll have the opportunity to join the management team and lead a business that sits at the forefront of one of the most excited, promising, high growth industries today.
- Lead Kraken’s software development organization and provide technology leadership for all products and services offered by Kraken
- Manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers
- Grow Kraken’s software development team through hiring and retaining top talent
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure systems
- Define, implement, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers on company goals and offers a collaborative welcoming environment for team members
- Work with our CTO to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform
- Collaborate with other Kraken teams (e.g. Marketing, Product Management, Business Development, etc.) to define and build new features and products
- Experience with trading, payments, or cybersecurity is a requirement
- Interest in Cryptocurrency is a MUST
- Cryptocurrency experience is a HUGE plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of software engineering and software engineering management experience
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform at the highest level
- Experience and expertise in growing and scaling software development teams, including hiring, developing, and retaining top talent within the industry
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development life cycle in an Agile environment
- An intense focus on building secure and reliable systems
- Desire to build highly usable customer centric products