Cypher is a portal into the blockchain universe. Our platform serves as a mesh to PoS chains through solutions such as a wallet, validator bonding, yield multiplier, and community tools. Our vision is a world where all blockchains are unified under one platform, acting as the gateway into web3 - this is made possible through interoperability. We are poised to marry crypto-economic solutions and mechanisms under one roof, forging a platform to be adopted by the masses for its ease-of-use and innovation.
We’re a leading blockchain company recruiting a driven and dedicated Lead Engineer. If you thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed environment, we would love for you to join the team.
Who we are:
We’re building Cypher to enable web3 users to foster higher engagement within blockchain’s ecosystem. Vertically integrated solutions forged with ease-of-use allow any skill level – technical or non-technical – to interact with web3 tools and solutions in a comprehensive, innovative environment.
We are passionate, blockchain enthusiasts, excited to accelerate the decentralized future with the ecosystem platform it needs.
Everyone at Cypher feels there MUST be a better connective tissue for the blockchain community - we’re absolutely tired of siloed solutions. Our culture values transparency, candor, and individual growth.
We strongly believe in and adhere to our values, which include flexibility, open source innovation, and respect. We provide the kind of team commitment and support that only small, agile startups can for engineers who want to work in an environment that is smart, scrappy and values tenacity.
About the role:
We’re looking for a world-class Senior Engineer to create game-changing technology. You’ll be building and architecting a professional enterprise-grade platform following best practices and design patterns while leveraging continuous integration and deployment as well as test-driven development.
As one of the first members of our team, you will be building a highly-scalable blockchain portal focused on PoS chains. Prior experience with financial software or crypto-wallet highly preferred.
- Drive developer efficiency initiatives across Cypher through the development and management of process.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company quality goals.
- Helping to grow and cultivate a developer culture that is transparent, supportive, and focused on delivery.
- Acting as an evangelist for our technology strategy by giving occasional talks / writing articles to attract wider community interest in our work.
- Raising technical risks to project stakeholders that could impact performance, security, or scalability in the future.
- Choose the appropriate technology and designing a solution that both answers the problem at hand, and stays within constraints.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of popular blockchain protocols such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and other top projects.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Polyglot developer: can code in multiple languages and enjoy learning new languages. You choose the right programming language for the problem at hand.
- Self-starter who can manage themselves and translate product requirements into engineering requirements - transparent and frequent communication is paramount.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Working technology stack:
- Solidity for our blockchain integration
- Ethereum and IPFS for decentralized services
- Github and Travis CI for CI/CD
- Go, Python, Node for backend services
What to share:
- $150K-250K USD
- 0.5%-3%, Equity
- Unlimited vacation days
- Health insurance
- Catered lunch / dinner
- Elite gym membership
- Company library
- Company competitions on prediction markets
- Daily Smash Bros
- Quarterly company excursions
$150K-250K USD, 0.5%-3.0% Equity